This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GigglesandWiggles #CollectiveBias
Because of my partnership with Gerber, my little one is ineligible to win the Gerber Photo Search or a weekly prize, but you may be eligible so make sure you submit a photo of your baby and/or pet!
There is NOTHING cuter in the world than a dog & baby together. Lucky for me, I get to witness this cuteness every day. So today I’m sharing a few fabulous ways to celebrate the bond between dogs and babies who are BFFs, with a DIY project (Matching No-Sew Dog Bed & Baby Floor Pillow) and a huge announcement about the annual Gerber Baby Photo Contest! And hint hint, this year your pets can join the fun! Keeping reading for more details down below!
I’m super excited to be partnering with Purina & Gerber for this post because we love both!
Gerber® foods and snacks are a mainstay in our diaper bag for on-the-go eating, and have been since she started solids. We love the Gerber Graduates Yogurt Melts (perfect for older babies because they literally melt in the mouth), and Charlie is obsessed with the Gerber Grabbers Fruit & Yogurt Strawberry Banana Pouches. I love that they are made from real yogurt and have 1/4 cup of fruit in each—and the Smart Flow spout seriously cuts down on messes big time!
Purina® ONE® was one of the first foods I fed my dogs too, because their nutrition was important as well. I love that the Smartblend of ingredients in Purina® ONE® provides complete nutrition, and especially that the #1 ingredient is real meat, fish or poultry. And the shredded meaty morsels are something my dogs go crazy for!
Charlie loves helping to prepare their dishes and has been feeding them since she was 15 months old. It may be messy sometimes, but it is great for teaching responsibility (and respect for animals!).
Charlie is completely obsessed with dogs, and has been since the very beginning. Together with her “Puppehs”—our Chocolate English Lab named Barkley, and our Pointer Mix we call Brie Cheese—the three are inseparable, and have special relationship that is both hilarious and heartwarming to watch.
One of Charlie’s most favorite things is to lounge around with the puppies, which often looks like at least one dog and Charlie laying on floor together. I decided to help them enjoy their time while being comfortable, so I made these super simple no-sew matching DIY dog bed and floor pillow for them to enjoy!
DIY Matching No-Sew Dog Bed & Baby Floor Pillow
Here’s how you can make your own!
- First, gather or purchase your materials. You will need:
- Roughly 4-4.5 yards of fleece material (I chose to split that into 2 colors, but you could do just 4 of one)
- Ruler or measuring tape
- Old pillows, clothing, or stuffing material like polyfill to stuff inside
- A baby gate to keep the dogs and baby from trying to help 🙂
In total I spent just under $20 on the fleece, which easily can be found on sale or reduced with coupons.
2. Measure and cut out pieces for both the dog bed and the floor pillow. You will need two rectangles of the same size for each—I did one set (one rectangle of each fabric) slightly larger for the dog bed and one set smaller for Charlie, since our dogs are large. My pieces measured 32″x38″ for the dog bed, and 28″x34″ for the pillow, and I used old pillows to determine the size.
3. Keeping the pieces together, cut a 3″x3″ square out of each corner. Make 3″ cuts through both pieces of fleece at 1″ intervals around the entire outline.
4. Taking the matching strips from both the top & bottom, tie the strips together with a double knot on 3 sides of the pillow. Stuff in the old pillows or other stuffing, and finishing tying off the remaining side.
Final step: Let the dogs and baby try them out! They loved their new dog beds/pillows, and while they don’t quite get whose is whose, it doesn’t really matter (though I think I need a 3rd one)! All that matters is they can now be comfy and cozy together.
In my house, everything is ALWAYS involving “the dogs & the baby” and that is why I am so excited to help announce this years’ Purina/Gerber National Photo Search! Everyone knows how popular the annual Gerber Baby Search is, but this year they are amping it up and celebrating the bond between babies and pets as well!
This year there are two different contests to enter and lots more chances to win: the 8th Annual Gerber Baby Search, and the NEW Giggles & Wiggles Purina Gerber Photo Search! Check them out below and visit the Official Rules for full details.
8th Annual Gerber Baby Search & Giggle and Wiggles Weekly Winners
If your baby is the next Gerber baby then you should definitely enter the Gerber Baby Search. To enter, simply post a photo of your child (no dog necessary!) on Instagram and use the hashtag #GerberPhotoSearch2017. You can enter up to 10 times before it ends on 10/27/17!
One Grand Prize Winner will receive $50,000 that can be used for the child’s education, plus the coveted title of 2018 Gerber Baby!
If pets and babies are your thing though, run and enter the Giggles & Wiggles Purina/Gerber Photo Search! For each of the 6 weeks in the contest, judges will choose one winner per week from photos that have both pets and babies in them, and that use the hashtags #GerberPhotoSearch2017 and #GerberGigglesandWiggles.
Winners will receive:
- $500 cash prize pack
- 1 year supply of Gerber baby good ($600 value) PLUS
- 1 year supply of Purina pet food ($540 value)
If this had been around last year, I would have entered with a picture like this one, which is one of my favorites!
Do your baby and pet have a special bond? I’d love to hear about it!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Puerto Rico, who are 18 years of age or older, have a valid Instagram account and/or email address, and are parents of a child 48 months of age or younger and meet certain background check requirements. Enter search by: 11:59:59 pm ET on 10/27/17. For Official Rules, including eligibility and entry requirements, judging criteria and prize descriptions, visit www.Gerber.com/photosearch2017/rules. Void where prohibited.
You may also enjoy:
- The BEST Pregnancy & New Mom Resources
- Disney with Toddlers: Tips from 20+ Bloggers
- Baby Registry Essentials & Lifesavers